Tämä sivusto vastaanottaa kompensaatiota mainostamiltaan tuotteista ja/tai palveluista kolmansilta osapuolilta.
Sports Betting in Scandinavia
Scandinaviahas a wide variety of betting sites to choose from, and if you haven’t accessed one before, things may be a little confusing. Fortunately, that is why we are here. Through this guide, we will show you the best betting sites in Nordic countries, inform you about the laws relating to betting and give you details on which sports markets are available too. If you are ready to get involved in the Finnish betting scene, you have come to the right place.
Most popular Sports Markets offered to bettors in Nordic Countries
Nordic sports bettors have plenty of sports and betting markets available to them. Nordic Countries have a strong sporting culture, and it has produced a number of world-class ice hockey players and Formula 1 drivers. Those two are two of the most common sports to bet on in Scandinavia. But what about elsewhere? Here are some of the most popular betting options in the country.
Best Betting Sites
- Ice Hockey. Ice hockey is covered by all sportsbooks in Scandinavia, such is the popularity of the sport. From wagering on local Liiga games to the NHL, KHL, SHL and international tournaments, the big games are waiting for you. See here for hockey markets. Read more about Icehockey betting in Scandinavia
- Motorsports. Motorsports are very big in Scandinaviatoo, and you will find that many bookmakers provide excellent odds for events across all different types of racing. These include the F1 World Championship, WRC rally races, World Superbikes and more. From betting on the outright winner, to a podium finish and the race winner, there are many options for those interested.
- Football. Finnish football players like Teemu Pukki (Norwich) and Lukáš Hrádecký (Leverkeusen) have found themselves gaining celebrity status among Nordic football fans. This has certainly helped to maintain football’s presence as a popular sport in the country. Most online sportsbooks allow bets on many leagues and competitions around the world and offer many different football markets. Read more about Football betting in Scandinavia
- Winter Sports. Naturally, winter sports play a huge part in the lives of people from Scandinavia. From big events like the Winter Olympics to the regular world cups across ski jumping, biathlon, the Tour de Ski and more, there is always something just round the corner. These events are covered by sportsbooks, allowing Finnish fans the chance to bet and watch their favourites compete in great battles.
- Pesäpallo. This sport is often referred to as Finnish baseball outside of Finland, but has strong roots in the country, and also in Sweden, Switzerland and Germany . The highest level series in which Pesäpallo is played is called Superpesis, which is where you will find betting, with outright winner markets available for you to follow the team you think can lift the championship.
- ESports. Finnish esports players are now officially recognized as athletes. Finland and Sweden as well as Norway are Europe’s leading esport countries with many competitors taking part who are based in the country. They also love betting on eSports competitions online, with the most popular games amongst bookmakers being CSGO, Dota2 and Fortnite.
- Horse racing. Another hugely popular sport is Harness racing in Scandinavia. This has strong roots in the country and is also known as trotting elsewhere. Horses are either a cold blood breed, which is known as the Finn horse, or typical standardbreds that race elsewhere around the world. There are many racetracks that Finns regularly attend to watch the action, with many of those people also choosing to wager on the races too. These include Mikkeli, Seinäjoki and Vaasa. The Accumulator and other multiple horse bets (such as pick 6) are potentially the most profitable, but also the riskiest, as you require more in your favor to pick up your winnings.
TABLE OF METHODS
Payment Methods Available to Bettors in Noric Countries
Players from Scandinavia can benefit from a great variety of payment solutions available to them. This should allow all players to feel comfortable when depositing online, hopefully using a method they have used in the past. These include worldwide options, for players anywhere, and some that are specific to Scandianvia , offering a local touch for people.
The strongest stance the government takes against unregulated online betting in Scandinavia is in prohibiting offshore betting sites from advertising in local media. Even so, you can find advertisements for international betting sites tucked into magazines and other publications thanks to a loophole that excludes foreign publications.
Finnish players will not have to pay any taxes on their winnings. Players who hit the jackpot can keep the entire sum without having to pay a penny. However, there is a vital element of this that all players need to know about.
The tax exemption only applied to brands that are approved by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). Brands with a Curacao license do not fall into this category.
Scandinavia and Foreign Sportsbooks
The governments of Nordic countries are quite firm on its domestically regulated online gambling market. It is illegal to operate using a .Fi domain name, for example, which is why many sportsbooks are either based somewhere else around the world or have strong ties and licenses from elsewhere.
Popular Odds Format in Scandinavia
Just like most other parts of Europe, there is a commonly used odds format in Scandinavia. This is the decimal odds format, which is the default option on sportsbooks in Scandinavia, and the one you will see commonly used in the country.
Customer Support at ScandinaviaSports Betting Sites
Online sportsbooks have a customer support team on hand to aid with any problems. Contacting them has been made far easier in recent years, with many sportsbooks creating a live chat feature on their site. Simply log in, select live chat and wait for an operator, before explaining your problem and hopefully getting the answer you require.